Monday, December 8, 2008

Remembering Two Great Musicians today

Being in radio all of these years I have had the pleasure of playing many, many great artist's music and two of them passed away on this day.
There probably isn't any one type of music I don't like, I am pretty "all over the map" with my musical tastes (just come see my record collection sometime, you would be amazed at what is in there!).

I am a HUGE Beatles fan. I especially loved John Lennon. He was very flawed and sometimes downright nuts, but his music was incredible.
I miss him greatly and wonder what he would record now.
He was shot outside his apartment on this night.

I was on the air that night and had to announce it, December 8, 1980.
Here is a video of John at his best.



On another day, same date, I had to announce the death of another great artist whom I enjoyed greatly, Marty Robbins. He was very young, I think only 57 when he died suddenly of a heart attack.
So, I have a video of him in his prime. I miss Marty too.

No comments: