Friday, November 7, 2008

Public School Teacher Beats up Fourth Graders

You have to watch this video. It is part of a European documentary so you will have to wade through the first 30 seconds or so of Danish I think it is.
A teacher browbeats her FOURTH graders!!!

At the bottom of this post you will find her school, principal and the school's phone number if you really want to bombard her school with calls. People all over the country are asking for her head.
Can you imagine being a little fourth grader and basically being told your daddy who serves in the military is evil? Perhaps your parents are idiots for telling you to vote for McCain? This is just plain sick! Imagine the sheer panic in the children's minds: do I trust my teacher or my parents?

This is what we have to look forward to in the Obama Presidency friends!



Diantha Harris used to work in Ashville - now works in Fayetteville at "Mary McArthur Elementary".
Principles name - Lola B Williams - school phone number is -(910)424-2206

Go to their website you can email Mrs Harris or the Principal.

Email of the principal, write to her and demand accountability:

LolaW@ccs.k12.nc.us

School Superintendent William C. Harrison
910.678.2300

Lets let Mrs Harris know how it feels to be picked on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long ago was this made? How could she be so bold with a camera rolling? I am horrified!! Not only is she teaching her kids dishonor, disrespect, but to speak the name of Jesus as a curse in front of children pushed the whole thing over the top for me. It made me sick when she talked to the child with a parent serving our country, this teacher's country, in such a disrespectful manner. To much!!

The Blunt Matt said...

That is scary. I taught high school and college for two years and NEVER let my politics into the classroom. And to act like that toward 4th graders is despicable. 4th grade is not the time or place to talk about who you would vote for. What is the point? They can't make informed decisions at 10 years old. I know plenty of adults who don't make informed decisions when it comes to voting so how do you expect a kid to say anything other than what theri parents think?

I don't have a problem with people being critical of their country as long as it is explained why you feel that way. Our government is definitely flawed as is our country, but I would never want to live anywhere else. I'll always take the bad because the good far outweighs it! And I think you might be stretching the "evil" comment a bit...but, hey, that's your job...

Anonymous said...

I agree. She did step over the bounds of inciting thoughtful dialogue w/ her students while imposing her own beliefs upon them. It is also a violation for a public employee to display their political affiliations, such as; buttons, clothing, even bumper stickers. I doubt she believes that she did anything wrong. Sometimes it helps to have another set of eyes and ears while you are teaching. I had many students ask me who I was voting for and I politely told them that it was a private matter. It's pretty clear that she didn't have a well-thought out lesson plan on this particular day. She used her position and authority to spout her opinions. Poor preparation will sometimes lead to poor judgment.