Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Day to Remember Our Veterans!


This is a sacred day. One where we stop and remember those men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice for this great country as well as those who may not have lost their lives but lost much of their LIFE to serving this land.

God Bless our Veterans!!

My grandpa fought in WWII and again in Korea. Why? He wasn't drafted, he volunteered for both. Late in his life he told me stories of both wars and I am so grateful for that time with him.

I have uncles who fought in WWII and a father who served in the Air Force during a peace time, yet it was also a time of heightened fear due to the Cold War.

I have a brother in law who served in the Middle East, and nephews and nieces who serve now.
Today is a day to put aside politics and remember our TRUE HEROES! Please leave a comment on your Veteran's Day thoughts or if you are a vet, please let me know. Even if it is anonymous, I would like to hear from you.

Thank you Veterans.

1 comment:

The Blunt Matt said...

Yes, this is absolutely the day that we should take the time to appreciate what our soldiers, past and present, have done and continue to do for us. My great-grandfather fought in WWI and my grandafather in WWII. My father was drafted into the Navy during Viet Nam, but never had to see any combat. I've had more than a fair share of friends serve in the first Gulf War and have three cousins and two very close friends who fought in this one. They all know how grateful I am to be able to speak freely and have my own opinions because of what they do...Thanks veterans!!!