Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Nice Guys on the Left in Oregon

Wow, no gloating or anything.  From Rep. Chris Harker we see the really nice side of the Democrats when they win (my tongue firmly in cheek).





This is an exchange from his Facebook page AFTER Dan Mason sent a message congratulating Rep. Harker.

Representative Chris Harker


What a night of good news that was! From national to local races, so many good people won their races.

Now that the numbers are in for my race, I want to thank each of you one more time for the support and encouragement you've given me over the past several months.


This campaign was always about whether or not some individuals from outside the district could use their money to install a thoroughly unqualified individual into this House seat. We said "no way!" and we stopped them from doing it.

...

We knew we'd have to raise more money and work harder than we had in the past so that's exactly what we did. With the help of volunteers we knocked on thousands of doors and made our case to the people. We also received financial contributions from over 100 donors and raised 67% of our money from individuals like you. (This is a far cry from what my opponent did which was to have two PACs give him 63% of his cash.)


Despite being outspent by the deep-pocketed conservatives, with your help, we kicked Dan Mason's butt. Those of us who live in the district can smile as we see his face on the bus benches and billboards for a little while longer, and read his name on the seemingly endless lawn signs his team placed illegally all over the district, but he will NOT be representing us in Salem. Thanks to you, that is once again my job and I'll do it with all of you in mind.


Onward!
 
After getting several posts Dan Mason's "friends", Rep. Harker posted the following:

  • Today
  • Representative Chris Harker
    Thanks for this kind note. Congratulations on doing as well as you did in a tough district. All the best to you, too.
  • Representative Chris Harker
    Dan, I want to apologize for some of what I put in that message on FB, which I have now taken down. It was inappropriately personal toward you, when what I was trying to talk about was the process of money pouring into races. I think I got caught up in the heat of the moment and went too far, and for that I sincerely apologize.

    Ya, he's just a little caught up in all the excitement....whatever.  Jerk.  We get 2 more years of this type of behavior and now it's worse with Democrats controlling both sides of the Oregon Legislature it's "taxmageddon" coming in February! 

     .

     

    No comments: