Monday, July 30, 2007

Top 10 Sitcoms ever on Television

Ok, saw a discussion and post on another blog so thought I would add my 2 cents.
What in your mind were the top 10 sitcoms of all time? Give me a valid reason for each choice.
I will start with my list, let's see yours!!
10 - Happy Days (cultural phenomenom, "fonzie" brought new words to our vocab)
9 - Friends (huge with the "x" generation, first to really reach them)
8 - The Bob Newhart Show (one of the great comedians in a realistic setting with an awesome ensemble cast and writers)
7 - The Cosby Show (really made America realize that a Black couple could be wealthy and successful and have a wonderful family, ground breaking)
6 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show (first show to really feature a working woman and the troubles of career life)
5 - Seinfeld (a show about nothing, yet one of the highest rated in all of TV history)
4 - Cheers (again, great ensemble cast and writing, huge ratings)
3 - MASH (broke ground on so many topics, mostly the horror of war)
2 - All in the Family (the ultimate ground breaking show, so many things I can't list them all)
1 - The Andy Griffith Show (I dare anyone of any age to not laugh at an episode, this show stands the test of time, though dated in some ways, it still brings us to a place we all long to be, "Mayberry". Could it be our own longing for "Heaven"?



Barney Talks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey bill!! so glad to see you have a blog. Isn't it fun?!?! Anyways, I want to hear more about your ideas for teaching. And on your poll, it says the longest you would last is a year. DOn't you think you could do it longer? Peace out! Kristi

Bill's Waste of Air said...

Ha, my ideas for teaching:
1 - Survive
2 - Survive
3 - Survive
4 - don't kill any children

pretty much sums up my state right now.