Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WE WILL NEVER CONTROL OUR BORDERS!


Want to know why? It's been tried before:

Ok seriously, on to more important stuff, I just needed a laugh today.


Last night my friend Dan, went home to Heaven. He was 49. It started as a little spot on his lung, and quickly it became cancer everywhere and he went fast.


Through it all, his biggest concern was that he would remain a witness for Christ. He was.


The last 48 hours of his life were spent in a coma type state, unconscious. This brings me to a thought about when a Christian is in this state.


This is not Biblical nor theological, just Bill-ical. I was thinking as I was praying for Dan Sunday night, as he lays there unconscious, his body basically dead, but his brain and his soul, or spirit still alive, what is his spirit doing? I have had this thought before. I can't see God allowing our souls to be in torment, as the body was at that point, and I also can't see the soul being asleep or not aware, yet it has not left the body yet, so, my thinking is this: God allows the soul or spirit to be in a state of some sort of bliss. Not quite in Heaven but not quite still here. Jesus said "it is finished" when He "gave up his Spirit". So far in my limited amount of interaction with people dying, they have all done something, said something even in comatose states, have shouted something, just before their actual death. Could that be the spirit inside them, telling the body and we around the body "it is finished"?


Kind of rambling but just thinking out loud.


Dan is in Heaven and probably speaking with Jesus right now! I know he loved Missions and now he will be able to see the fruits of his work and the ongoing work that he supported. I will miss Dan greatly, but am so excited that soon we will all be reunited!

(Dante and Beatrice gaze upon the highest Heaven (The Empyrean); from Gustave Doré's illustrations to the Divine Comedy, Paradiso Canto)

No comments: